Skip to main content

November 2015



November seemed to go on forever and I’m glad is over. To give you an idea, it feels as if most of the fun things I did didn’t happen in November but a long time ago.

Besides going to my mother’s village one weekend and a few dinners with friends, most of my time I’ve been surrounded by my Uni books and learning all about the amazing world of English semantics – I hope you can read through my sarcasm over here. But, at least the end of the month has been better thanks to Netflix and Jessica Jones. I just can’t wait for Daredevil season 2, Luke Cage and The Defenders. Oh, and the trailer for Captain America: Civil War almost destroyed all my feels (who am I kidding? It destroyed me alright)

In November I read 8 books but not the ones I had initially in mind. I wanted to read The Secret History by Donna Tartt and A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James and neither of them happened. I started the latter and I got to 100 pages but I’m having quite a hard time with it. It’s fascinating really but there are so many points of views and it’s also hard to get hold of the writing style because of the Jamaican dialect but I will continue reading slowly until I’m done with it. Anyways, I did have a nice reading month nonetheless. Frankenstein was my favourite of the lot because it surprised me the most. Cress and Magnus Chase were fantastic as well. I couldn't stop laughing thanks to Magnus and I swooned way too many times thanks to Throne. I also got to re-read The Great Gatsby and I'm happy to say I got more of it this time around - the first time I read it was in 2011. The only one that disappointed me was The Madman's Daughter - being too focused on the romance killed it for me.

I cannot wait for December and Christmas. I’m dying to put the tree up with all the decorations but I’m not ready for all the shopping ahead of me. I’m also thinking about re-reading Harry Potter. The whole #HarryXmasToYou is happening again this year and I thought I could join and re-experience the books again. I need to be back in Hogwarts with the gang. And for Uni, I will have to read Pride & Prejudice. As most of you might know I tried reading it when I was 14 and couldn't make it to 50 pages (the horrible translation didn't help either) so I hope I'm ready for it now.

What are your plans for December?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Classics: Brontë Series

Maybe you don’t know this about me but I collect different edition of Jane Eyre and when I learnt that Vintage was releasing the new Brontë series I just couldn’t say no. 

Book Review // Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt  by Rob Buyea { Goodreads } Published by Yearling in 2011 Paperback edition; 288 pages { BookDepository } " Features seven narrators, each with a unique story, and each with a different perspective on what makes their teacher so special.  It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . .  Jessica,  the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in;  Alexia,  a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next;  Peter,  class prankster and troublemaker;  Luke,  the brain;  Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy  Anna,  whose home situation makes her an outcast; and  Jeffrey,  who hates school.  Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone. "

Reading Diary | February Books | 2018

Feb, 1st - 15:15. Finished the second book in the first volume of the Riyria Revelations and I was pleasantly surprised. I still think the world building is the weakest thing about the story because it's not greatly developed but the story is well-written and entertaining. I'm planning on continuing reading the series because now I'm intrigued enough to want to know how everything will unfold. Feb, 7th - 10:33.  I'm finally prepared to go and see the movie Call Me By Your Name because I just finished reading the novel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a celebration of love and an exploration of sex and identity. It's quite explicit though so if you feel uncomfortable with that keep it in mind if you're planning on reading it. My full review of the book is HERE (I also talk a little bit about the movie).